Welcome to Shapiro, Lewis, Appleton & Duffan. We are personal injury attorneys with over 100 years combined legal experience who practice in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Portsmouth, Newport News, Suffolk, and throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
You’re probably visiting us because you, or someone close to you, suffered a serious injury or wrongful death. Searching for an ethical, trustworthy law firm makes sense and we're here to help. But keep in mind, we don’t accept every case. Our personal injury law firm accepts clients who are seeking ethical, trustworthy representation.
To help you in your search, we offer in-depth guides and reports on how to handle a car accident injury claim, medical malpractice claim, the wrongful death of a loved one, and so forth. Download these free guides and reports here.
We are known throughout Virginia, North Carolina and the Eastern U.S. as a Tier 1 “Best Law Firm” (according to U.S. News & World Report, for medical malpractice and railroad worker injury law in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach region, since ’10). We also possess an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
The firm's primary office is in Virginia Beach at the intersection of Diamond Springs Road and Northampton Boulevard. We also have satellite offices in the following cities in Hampton Roads: Norfolk, Suffolk, Portsmouth, and Hampton. Nevertheless, we handle cases throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and the eastern USA.
Our Virginia Beach-Norfolk based lawyers specializes in both Virginia personal injury and Virginia medical malpractice, including car accidents, truck accidents, FELA/railroad accidents, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death.
You probably have numerous questions about your potential injury claim. We created a library of frequently asked questions and info based on the type of case you may have. Here is a sample:
- FAQ info from our Virginia Beach car accident attorneys: what type of financial damages can I try to recover?
- FAQ answers from our trucking accident lawyers and car accident lawyers: Should I give the insurance company a recorded statement?
- FAQ answers from our team of Norfolk personal injury lawyers: How can I get paid my lost wages and other expenses?
- FAQ info from our wrongful death attorneys: Are the laws applying to wrongful death different from personal injury?
- FAQ answers from our Virginia medical malpractice lawyers: Who will pay my medical bills and other medical-related expenses?
In addition to providing answers to FAQs posed by injured folks, our team of Virginia Beach personal injury attorneys is dedicated to preventing future injuries and advocating for improved health and safety. The HS in “HSinjurylaw” stands for Health & Safety. We publish weekly articles on the Legal Examiner (a publication dedicated to advancing public safety issues) on a pro bono basis. In addition, we’re involved with the End Distracted Driving campaign and collaborate with many charitable organizations, some dedicated to helping injured people.
Learn about our professional accolades and accomplishments:
- Recognized as Virginia "Super Lawyers" in Law & Politics Magazine (since '06)
- Recognized as a Tier 1 "Best Law Firm" and "Best Lawyers" in U.S. News & World Report (since '10)
- "AV" Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- "Superb" rating on Avvo, a prominent lawyer rating service
- Our track record of large, multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including a record-setting $60 million (w/ interest) jury verdict and a $21 million structured settlement.
We represent clients across Virginia & beyond
Even if you're not close to one of our Hampton Roads' offices, we will come to you even if you're in Abingdon, Alexandria, Arlington, Big Stone Gap, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Danville, Emporia, Falls Church, Fairfax, Franklin, Harrisonburg, Isle of Wight, Lynchburg, Manassas, Martinsville, Newport News, Petersburg, Radford, Richmond, Roanoke, Williamsburg, Winchester, and so forth.
We also cover all areas of the Eastern Shore, including Accomack, Bloxom, Cape Charles, Eastville, Exmore, Greenbackville, Machipongo, Mappsville, Melfa, Nassawadox, Onley, Tangier, Temperanceville, Wachapreague, Wallops Island and so forth.
All of our attorneys are licensed to practice in multiple states, including:
Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Kentucky (KY), and Washington, D.C.