You’re probably visiting us because you, or someone close to you, suffered a serious injury or wrongful death. Searching for an ethical, trustworthy law firm makes sense and we're here to help. But keep in mind, we don’t accept every case. Our firm accepts clients who are seeking ethical, trustworthy representation.
To help you in your search, we offer in-depth guides and reports on how to handle a car accident injury claim, medical malpractice claim, the wrongful death of a loved one, and so forth. Download these free guides and reports here.
We are known throughout Virginia, North Carolina and the Eastern U.S. as a Tier 1 “Best Law Firm” (according to U.S. News & World Report, for medical malpractice and railroad worker injury law in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach region, since ’10). We also possess an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Our law firm specializes in personal injury and medical malpractice, including car accidents, truck accidents, FELA/railroad accidents, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death.
You probably have numerous questions about your potential injury claim. We created a library of frequently asked questions and info based on the type of case you may have. Here is a sample:
- FAQ info from our car accident attorneys: what type of financial damages can I try to recover?
- FAQ answers from our trucking accident lawyers and car accident lawyers: Should I give the insurance company a recorded statement?
- FAQ answers from our team of injury lawyers: How can I get paid my lost wages and other expenses?
- FAQ info from our wrongful death attorneys: Are the laws applying to wrongful death different from personal injury?
- FAQ answers from our medical malpractice lawyers: Who will pay my medical bills and other medical-related expenses?
- FAQ answers from our nursing home negligence attorneys: If I take legal action against the nursing home, should I transfer my loved one to a new facility?
- FAQ info from our team of injury attorneys: Does your Virginia personal injury law firm have a track record of obtaining large jury verdicts and settlements?
In addition to providing answers to FAQs posed by injured folks, our firm is dedicated to preventing future injuries and advocating for improved health and safety. The HS in “HSinjurylaw” stands for Health & Safety. Our team of injury attorneys publish weekly articles on the Legal Examiner (a publication dedicated to advancing public safety issues) on a pro bono basis. In addition, we’re involved with the End Distracted Driving campaign and collaborate with many charitable organizations, some dedicated to helping injured people.
Learn about our professional accolades and accomplishments:
- Recognized as Virginia "Super Lawyers" in Law & Politics Magazine (since '06)
- Recognized as a Tier 1 "Best Law Firm" and "Best Lawyers" in U.S. News & World Report (since '10)
- "AV" Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- "Superb" rating on Avvo, a prominent lawyer rating service
- Our track record of large, multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including a record-setting $60 million (w/ interest) jury verdict and a $21 million structured settlement.
We represent clients across Virginia & beyond:
Our attorneys handle select cases throughout the eastern USA, and will come to you if you are seriously hurt or suffered a loved one's wrongful death anywhere in VA including Abingdon, Alexandria, Arlington, Big Stone Gap, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Danville, Emporia, Falls Church, Fairfax, Franklin, Hampton, Harrisonburg, Isle of Wight, Lynchburg, Manassas, Martinsville, Newport News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Petersburg, Radford, Richmond, Roanoke, Suffolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Winchester, and so forth.
We also cover all areas of the Eastern Shore, including Accomack, Bloxom, Cape Charles, Eastville, Exmore, Greenbackville, Machipongo, Mappsville, Melfa, Nassawadox, Onley, Tangier, Temperanceville, Wachapreague, Wallops Island and so forth.
All of our attorneys are licensed to practice in multiple states, including:
Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Kentucky (KY), and Washington, D.C.