Car Accident Lawyers Serving Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake & all of Virginia (VA)
Shapiro, Appleton & Duffan is a personal injury law firm in Virginia Beach comprised of experienced attorneys who exclusively handle serious injury cases including Norfolk car accidents, Virginia Beach accidents between cars and commercial trucks, wrongful death, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, railroad worker injuries (FELA), boating accidents, defective product injuries, and so forth. Since establishing the firm in 1985, we have represented thousands of Virginia Beach/Norfolk clients and obtained millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
Reputation Matters When Negotiating a Settlement in Your Case
The insurance companies and claims adjusters consider who they are up against when determining whether to offer a sizable settlement for a Norfolk car accident, Virginia Beach truck accident, or motorcycle accident injury claim. That is where we can help:
- Tier 1 Best Law Firm (U.S. News & World Report, since '10) for personal injury law and railroad worker injury law.
- Recognized as Virginia "Super Lawyers" (since '06), an accolade only 5 percent of practicing attorneys attain.
- "AV" Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating a law firm can receive from this distinguished publication.
- 10.0 Superb Rating on Avvo, a prominent attorney-rating web site.
- A+ Rating by the Better Business Bureau.
- Editors of a nationally-recognized web site, Legal Examiner (a publication dedicated to advancing public safety issues).
- Track record of large, multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements including a record-setting $60 million (w/ interest) jury verdict and a $2.5 million wrongful death jury verdict.
Our Firm Handles All Types of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Car accidents - Serious car crashes often occur on Interstate 64 (I-64), Interstate 264 (I-264), Interstate 664 (I-664), Virginia Beach Boulevard, Hampton Boulevard, and the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel. These car accidents can cause serious harm requiring weeks or months of rehabilitation and missed time from work. Our team of Virginia Beach car accident lawyers can help.
- Truck accidents – Getting hit by a tractor-trailer, big rig, or 18-wheeler on Interstate 81 (I-81) in Roanoke, Interstate 664 (I-664), I-95, or anywhere else can be a life-altering incident. Large commercial trucks cause significant damage to smaller vehicles. In addition, large trucking companies employ large teams of defense lawyers and claims adjusters. Level the playing field by hiring one of our experienced Virginia Beach truck accident lawyers.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one is heartbreaking and can be especially traumatic if the loss is sudden and unexpected (like losing someone in an accident). Let us help take some of the burden off your shoulders so you can focus on the grieving process.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Serious accidents can result in you or a loved one suffering a traumatic brain injury or serious head wound that may result in memory loss, speed loss, and/or the inability to use your arms or legs. Our firm has significant experience handling traumatic brain injury cases. In fact, our firm (along with co-counsel) obtain a record-setting $60 million jury verdict involving a client who suffered a serious brain injury.
- Medical malpractice – The bond between a patient and doctor is sacred since it is based on trust. When a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional makes a preventable mistake during surgery (e.g., severed ureter, cut bowel, intubation injury, etc.) it not only causes physical harm, but is a violation of trust.
- Railroad worker injuries – If you or a loved one was hurt while working for a railroad like Norfolk Southern, CSX, Burlington Northern, etc. you may have a claim under the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA). Our Virginia railroad injury law firm has decades of experience representing injured trainmen, switchmen, engineers, conductors, etc. In fact, our railroad injury law firm was founded by a former railroad worker who got hurt on the job, then decided to go to law school and represent fellow railroaders.
- Railroad worker diseases – Whether you were diagnosed with mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure or developed lung cancer after breathing in diesel exhaust fumes for years, we can help. Claims brought by railroad workers based upon a life-threatening disease also fall under the FELA.
- Defective products and dangerous drugs – If you or a loved one was harmed by a defective product or prescription drug, you may be able to file a claim against the manufacturer for your injuries, time missed from work, and pain and suffering.
- Other serious accident and injuries – Whether you were seriously hurt in a motorcycle accident, boat accident, slip and fall, or suffered an electric shock, our team of injury attorneys in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake are here to help.
Important Legal Questions Answered by our Norfolk Car Accident Lawyers
We understand you probably have a lot of questions about the legal process, what you can expect to recover through a personal injury claim, what to tell the insurance company, etc. We are a resource of information for you. Our team of attorneys provide free legal advice by answering frequently asked questions and by publishing downloadable legal info guides.
Representing Clients Across Virginia Beach & Beyond
Even if you're not close to one of our Hampton Roads' offices, we will come to you even if you're in Abingdon, Alexandria, Arlington, Big Stone Gap, Blacksburg, Charlottesville, Chesapeake, Danville, Emporia, Falls Church, Fairfax, Franklin, Harrisonburg, Isle of Wight, Lynchburg, Manassas, Martinsville, Newport News, Petersburg, Radford, Richmond, Roanoke, Williamsburg, Winchester, and so forth. We also cover all areas of the Eastern Shore, including Accomack, Bloxom, Cape Charles, Eastville, Exmore, Greenbackville, Machipongo, Mappsville, Melfa, Nassawadox, Onley, Tangier, Temperanceville, Wachapreague, Wallops Island and so forth. Also, our attorneys possess multi-state licensure. This means each attorney can practice law in two or more states. We are licensed to handle cases in Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC), Kentucky (KY), and Washington, D.C.