In a prime example of how innocuous, apparently safe products can turn out to be deadly, studies have revealed that talcum powder is a cancer-causing carcinogen. Yes, you read that right - talc powder can cause cancer. Specifically, women are at risk of developing ovarian cancer after consistent use of talc powder around the genital region. Talc powder manufacturers like Johnson & Johnson reportedly knew about these health risks and did not alert anyone. Millions of women have had their lives turned upside down with an unexpected cancer diagnosis,
Fighting for Justice in the Courts
Women are standing up for their rights and pursuing financial restitution for their harms and losses. For example, a jury in Missouri decided against Johnson & Johnson awarding $72,000,000 to the family of a woman whose death from ovarian cancer was linked to her use of the company's talc-based Baby Powder and Shower to Shower for several decades.
These talc cancer lawsuits consider talc powder to be a toxic tort. The basis of these lawsuits seek financial restitution against numerous talcum powder mining companies, refiners, manufacturers and product distributors for continuing to manufacture, market, and sell a product that has been medically proven to cause cancers such as ovarian cancer.
Related Defective Product Content
Medical Studies About Talcum Powder Reveal Disturbing Cancer Risk
A talc ovarian cancer study sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health discovered a 36 to 41 percent increase in ovarian cancer in women who used talc powder. Another study published in 1996 was done by examining the ovaries of women who had had them removed for reasons other than ovarian cancer. In that study, talc powder was found in all ovaries including the ones from women did not use talc powder on themselves. The results of this study suggest that talc powder could reach the ovaries of women who use talc powder on their babies.
Why You Need to Contact Our Talc Cancer Law Firm Today
- Women for decades have used talcum powder for feminine hygiene purposes.
- Numerous medical studies have determined that talcum powder, used for this purpose, increases the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Companies that sold talcum powders knew their product increased the risk of ovarian cancer yet failed to place a warning on their products.
- The lawyers at Shapiro, Appleton & Duffan possess over 80 years of combined legal experience
- The firm is recognized as a "Best Law Firm" by U.S. News & World Report (since '10) for personal injury litigation.
- Our team of personal injury and product defect attorneys have experience representing clients in mass tort claims and defective product injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
Talc Powder Products That Could Put Your Health at Risk
- JOHNSON'S ® Baby Powder
- SHOWER to SHOWER® Absorbent Body Powder
- And all other talcum powder products.
How Do I Know If I Have a Legitimate Talc Powder Cancer Case?
This question can only be answered by contacting our law firm and telling us what happened. Every case is different, so we need to hear your story and determine whether the facts line up with claiming that consistent talc powder use can reasonably be linked to your cancer diagnosis. Call 1-800-752-0042 or fill out a quick contact form on this page.