Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800-752-0042
Phone: 757-460-7776
Shapiro & Appleton

Three People Injured in Accidental Virginia Beach, VA Home Fire

Comments (0)
Fire investigators have concluded that a house fire in the King's Grant section of Virginia Beach, VA. that left one woman severely burned and two others injured on October 19, 2011, was accidental. One of the injured was a firefighter who sprained his leg.

According to the Virginian-Pilot, The fire was caused by gasoline that leaked from a motorcycle parked in the home's garage. Heat from a nearby clothes dryer ignited fumes from the fuel. 

The event points to steps families can take to protect themselves from house fires and burn injuries. These steps include the following:

  • Don't leave the stove unattended when it's on.
  • Don't let children use kitchen appliances unsupervised.
  • Don't smoke in bed.
  • Clean up any spills of flammable liquids immediately and then keep oil- or gas-soaked rags well away from any heat source.
  • Install smoke alarms on every level of a home.
  • Ensure electrical appliances are in good condition.
  • Have an escape plan for getting out of the house in case of a fire.

LC
 
Richard N. Shapiro
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Va Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake & all of Virginia
Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."

Name:*

Email:* (will not be published)

Message:*

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Avvo The Best lawyers in America Super lawyers Best Law Firms US News Verdicts and Settlements AV LexisNexis

Live Chat