If you or a loved one have been seriously injured by the negligence of a doctor or surgeon, you probably have questions and concerns. This page is meant as a resource for you.
Our team of attorneys published two downloadable guides that are accessible by the general public.
The first guide features tips from our experienced medical malpractice legal team (on left). The second guide discusses common surgical errors that you and your loved ones should be aware of.
When you order one, or both, of our medical malpractice legal guides, they will arrive by e-mail in PDF format.
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a way for me to review a doctor or surgeon before actually visiting them?
- Additional medical malpractice FAQs
Case results our medical malpractice law firm has achieved for clients
Types of medical malpractice
- Surgical errors/mistakes - Examples include anesthesia mistakes, improper sterilization,
technical errors, nerve damage, unnecessary surgery, surgery on the wrong part of the body, foreign objects left in the body, and organ puncture.
- Improper diagnosis and misdiagnosis - Examples include misread x-rays, misread test results, failure to order common diagnostic tests, and ignored or missed symptoms. Commonly missed diagnoses include heart attacks, cancer, hypertension, clogged arteries, and infections.
- Negligent care - Examples include the improper use of restraints, the improper administration of medication or wrong medication, hospital abuse, or lack of sufficient staff.
- Birth injury - These terrible injuries are due to hospital error and can lead to cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, or brain damage. The mistake may be the obstetrician's, nurses' or other treater in the maternity ward, but the common feature of these claims is the permanent, catastrophic injury to the mother or baby.
- Nursing home abuse or neglect - Examples include malnourishment, bruising, dramatic weight loss, dehydration, sudden injuries, etc.