18 Children Die In Toy-Related Events In 2007
Here are some statistics from their findings:
· Five children died while riding tricycles. In one case, a child rode in front of a car, in another case one fell from the bike, in the other three cases, the children rode their bikes into unprotected pools and drowned.
· Four children choked on rubber balls.
· Two children choked on uninflated balloons.
· Fourteen of the 18 children were boys, while only four were girls.
· Two children were hit by cars while riding push scooters.
· One baby suffocated on a stuffed animal.
· One drowned while playing with an inflatable toy in water, while another boy drowned while playing with a toy boat.
· One drowned when he rode a battery-powered vehicle into a pool.