Accidents like this happen all the time.Here are some burn injury prevention tips:
- Test shower and bath water temperatures with your hand.
- Avoid using tablecloths with small children around. A child may pull on the corner of the tablecloth causing hot objects to fall.
- Train children what to do when a house fire occurs.
- Practice emergency exit strategies.
- Keep children away from the stove when cooking with hot oil.
- Keep pot handles turned inward on the stove top.
- Test the temperature before eating.
- Use a bottle warmer to warm infant formula.
- Train children to stay away from lighters.
A burn injury victim may recover lost earnings, medical expenses, and emotional distress. A North Carolina personal injury attorney evaluates what causes a burn injury to hold the responsible parties accountable to a burn injury victim.