Every year during the holiday season, the organization W.A.T.C.H. (World Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc.) releases its list of the 10 most dangerous toys. In its release, the organization stated that many of the toys on the list “may seem exciting and intriguing to children, but have the real potential to lead to tragic, sometimes deadly, consequences.”
According to W.A.T.C.H., in one year since 2013’s 10 most dangerous toy list, there were 17 toy recalls, which represented almost five million units of dangerous toys sold. Between 2010 and 2012, there were 47 children killed from dangerous toys. There are over 250,000 children who receive serious injuries from toy-related accidents each year.
The top ten toys on this year’s list include:
1. The Air Storm Fire Trek Bow: manufactured by Zing; strong potential for eye injuries.
2. Radio Flyer Ziggle: manufactured by Radio Flyer Corp; strong potential for forehead and other impact injuries.
3. Catapencil: manufactured by Toysmith; strong potential for eye injuries.
4. Alphabet Zoo Rock and Stack Pull Toy: manufactured by Skip Hop; strong potential for entanglement and strangulation injuries.
5. SWAT Electric Machin Gun: manufactured by Junxing Toys; item is too realistic for toy weaponry.
6. Wooden Instruments: manufactured by Wal-Mart; strong potential for choking and ingestions injuries.
7. Bottle Rocket Party: Manufactured by Norman & Globus; strong potential for face, eye, and other impact injuries.
8. Lil’ Cutesies - Best Friend: manufactured by JC Toys Group; strong potential for choking injuries.
9. True Legends ORCS Battle Hammer: manufactured by Toys R Us; strong potential for blunt trauma impact injuries.
10. Colored Hedgehog: manufactured by Toys R Us; strong potential for aspiration and ingestion injuries.
If your child has been injured in a toy-related accident, or by another defective product, contact an experienced Virginia personal injury attorney to find out what legal recourse you may have against the product’s manufacturer.