Two vehicles flipped over along I 85 South in Vance County, North Carolina early on Saturday with what police referred to as an alcohol-related crash. This wreck happened near Exit 214 across West Andrews Avenue in Henderson, North Carolina. A couple of people ended up being transported to Maria Parham Medical Center. The actual interstate had been shut down briefly while crews removed the debris from the accident scene. Vance County authorities announced that charges are imminent.
Although the victims were not identified, they are more than likely having to deal with serious injuries if you go by typical statistics to alcohol related vehicle wrecks. As an injury attorney we are constantly aware of the perilous dangers of traveling by vehicle on our nations roads. It my be the most cionveinent method of travel over short distances, but getting involved in a car wreck ranks pretty high as far as the likelihood of getting hurt if not killed. This is the primary reason I am always advising my clients and loved ones to please be safe on the roads and be extremely nmindful of potential dangers.
- Car accidents can be very stressful. Please read the tips below to learn what you should do if you’re involved in a car accident:
- Stay calm. Keeping a normal demeanor helps you stay in control of the situation.
- Make sure you and your passengers are OK.
- Move as far off the roadway as possible, but stay at the scene of the accident.
- Warn oncoming traffic by activating your hazard warning lights and/or setting flares.
- Call the police.
- Call 911 or the appropriate emergency number to report the accident.
- Contact your insurance company and report the claim.
- The sooner your insurance company knows about the accident, the sooner they can start working to resolve your claim.
- Do not discuss the car accident with anyone other than the police and your claims representative.
- Exchange vital information with the other driver involved in the car accident.
- Write down the name, address, phone number and license numbers for all drivers and witnesses, particularly those who were not riding in a vehicle involved in the accident. Ask for the insurance companies and policy numbers for drivers involved in the car accident.