Morehead City Police were recently called to a car accident on Bridges Street Extension in Morehead City, North Carolina. Lieutenant James Gaskill of the Morehead City Police Department said a woman’s car veered too far off the road and hit a parked truck. Both vehicles were completely totaled. The woman remained trapped inside her vehicle until emergency crews were able to cut her out of the car. According to the report the car accident victim was seriously injured, and unresponsive due to her apparent injuries.
UHS East Care flew the victim to Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville, North Carolina. As of this writing the woman is fighting for her life and the wreck investigation is under way. There is no information as to whether the truck was parked in the road,or what may have caused the woman to strike the parked vehicle.
Many car accidents can be prevented with a few simple precautions. Let’s see some tips that could help both yourself, the vehicle, the passengers and the people outside on the road while driving.
Car Accident Safety Tips
- Never drive tired. Driving tired can be just as risky as driving drunk. Your senses are dulled, your reaction time is slower and you may even fall asleep at the wheel. If you are driving a long way, be sure to take breaks.
- Pull over if you need to take your focus off the road. Driving requires your entire attention.
- Always respect the “rules of the road”. Breaking these rules is the major cause of collisions.
- Do not drive if you are under the influence or if you are experiencing medication side affects like drowsiness.
- Keep your car maintained. Take your car for a checkup, change oil regularly, and get inspections when you need them.
- Always have emergency essentials in your vehicle. They can mean the difference between a safe or disastrous trip.
As with all serious injury cases, it is especially crucial to seek out professional legal advice in car accident injury cases and we have the experienced injury attorneys to evaluate your claim. Our firm is ready to assist you in reviewing your specific situation to see if your claim meets our criteria. In North Carolina, as well as every other state, there are laws on how long you have to file a suit also. Don’t hesitate, call our toll free number and get confidential legal advice.