In order to protect your right to pursue damages, there are steps you want to be sure to take:
- Document when you first began feeling ill. Food poisoning symptoms can take up to a few days to appear.
- Consult with a doctor to confirm the food poisoning and diagnose the type.
- See if you can find out what company provides the food for the airline you flew with
- Find out if other travelers also developed food poisoning. This can be often be found online.
- Your attorney can also obtain FDA inspection reports to find out if there were any violations at the food company facilities.