A Virginia truck accident attorney will conduct an extensive investigation to determine fault in the crash. Some of the factors he or she will examine include the following:
- How many hours had the truck driver been on the road leading up to the crash?
- How much training and experience did the truck driver have and was it enough to ensure they knew how to operate the vehicle they were driving safely?
- Does the truck driver have any history of alcohol or drug use?
- What is the truck driver’s driving record like?
- What was the history of vehicle maintenance and repair for the vehicle?