Victims can be awarded financial compensation for the following:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses, including medications, medical devices, and even the cost of transportation to get back and forth to treatment.
- Past, present, and future loss of income from being unable to work. This includes vocational training if the victim can no longer go back to his or her prior profession because of the injuries.
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Permanent disability
The victim of a drunk driving accident may also be awarded punitive damages as a way to punish the drunk driver for their egregious behavior.
- Collecting Economic Damages in a North Carolina Personal Injury Lawsuit
- North Carolina’s Personal Injury Statute of Limitations: What You Must Know
- Are Punitive Damages Recoverable in a North Carolina Person Injury Case?