Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800-752-0042
Phone: 757-460-7776
Shapiro & Appleton

What happens if I injured myself at my friend's house or apartment?

If your friend is a homeowner, they probably have homeowners insurance as protection in case someone is injured on the property.

If your friend rents the property, they may have renters insurance, or some type of "umbrella coverage," for the same protection. "Umbrella coverage" is an extension of an individual's home or auto insurance. In addition, if your friend is a renter, the land owner probably has insurance coverage for claims arising from injuries on the property.

About the editors: The motto at Shapiro & Appleton& Duffan law firm is simple -"All we do is injury law." We hope you were able to find the answer to your injury query. If not, please review our Virginia Accident Lawyer FAQ Library for additional information. If you'd like to speak to an actual attorney about your potential injury claim for free, please contact our office at 1-800-752-0042.

Avvo The Best lawyers in America Super lawyers Best Law Firms US News Verdicts and Settlements AV LexisNexis

Live Chat