Failure on the part of a medical professional to clearly explain what the risks are of going under anesthesia can be grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit. Other common reasons for lawsuits include:
- Failure of the medical professional to follow the medical standard of care by using the best practices for the patient’s condition and situation.
- Failure of the medical professional to respond quickly and appropriately to the medical crisis.
- Failure on the part of the medical professional to identify a medical condition that could put the patient at a dangerous risk.
- Incorrect dosage of anesthesia
- The type of anesthesia method used