Each and every day, auto accidents occur in and around Currituck County, North Carolina. Some are minor fender-benders while others are quite serious resulting in catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Currituck, you’ve arrived at the right page. Our team of Currituck car accident lawyers possess decades of combined experience in personal injury and wrongful death law. We have tried, and successfully settled, serious and complex cases including auto accidents, drunk driving accidents, premises liability accidents, boating and water-related accidents, burn injuries, traumatic brain injuries, injuries from defective products, spinal cord injuries, animal bite injuries, closed head injuries, and much more. We can get you the results that you deserve.
Understanding Injury Accident Cases
If you’ve been injured in an accident, collecting all of the important information is key. It is very important to record as much information as possible, including the time, date, location, a detailed description of what happened, the contact information for any witnesses, and any information you have about the responsible person(s). You should also refrain from signing any documents or speaking to the responsible person’s insurance company until you have consulted with an attorney yourself. Sometimes, even helpful information you provide after an accident can later be used against you. If you have signed any documents or spoken to the responsible party or their attorney, be sure to let your attorney know when you first speak to him. To successfully recover damages from the person or company who caused the accident, you must be able to show that the person or company was negligent, which means that you must be able to show:
- That the person who caused the injury owed you a legal duty at the time
- That the person who caused the injury failed to carry out that duty
- That you suffered damages, or were injured in some fashion, and
- That these damages were caused as a result of this person’s failure to carry out his or her duty
What Our Currituck Car Accident Law Firm Can Do For You
Personal injury lawyers seek justice for people like you who have been injured by the action – or inaction – of others. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys are familiar with all applicable state and federal laws, and have extensive experience with accident reconstruction, the expert witnesses you will need to prove your case, the insurance adjusters who will evaluate your claim, and others who will be involved in your case. A skilled, experienced lawyer with our firm will work with you to secure the maximum compensation you are entitled to. Under North Carolina law, we can work with you to recover damages for:
- Your medical expenses incurred because of the accident, both now and in the future
- Any lost earnings due to time away from work in the past (this includes time you are away from your job to visit the doctor or attend therapy)
- Any earnings you will continue to lose due to the impact your injuries haveon your future earning ability
- Any permanent disability or disfigurement you may have suffered
- The emotional distress you experience as a result of your injuries
Contact our office today to schedule a free, confidential case evaluation.
Five Reasons to Contact Our Law Firm Today
- Recognized as a “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report (since ’10) for personal injury litigation.
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell
- A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau
- Millions obtained for clients through settlements and jury verdicts.
The Outer Banks (OBX) is a 200-mile-long string of barrier islands and spits off the coast of Northeastern North Carolina (NC), on the east coast of the United States. The Outer Banks are a major tourist destination known for beautiful unspoiled beaches and great fishing, and the Wright brothers’ first flight in a controlled, powered, heavier-than-air vehicle took place on the Outer Banks of North Carolina on December 07, 1903, at Kill Devil Hills, located not far from our North Carolina personal injury law firm’s office in Kitty Hawk, NC. The Outer Banks area includes Currituck and Dare counties and these cities and towns: Carova Beach, Corolla, Knotts Island, Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Manteo, Wanchese, Cape Hatteras, Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco, Hatteras & Okracoke.