Nursing home neglect and abuse can take many forms. Here are just a few examples of nursing home malpractice:
- Physical assault and/or sexual assault
- Bedsores / Pressure ulcers
- Involuntary physical restraint
- Preventable injuries such as falls
- Dehydration or malnutrition leading to dramatic weight loss
- Failure to provide adequate medical care
If it turns out your loved one is the victim of abuse and/or neglect, a nursing home abuse claim can be filed by your attorney so you and your loved one can pursue damages and help to ensure that the negligent and illegal practices at the facility are ceased.
To get additional information about nursing home neglgect/abuse, read this article written by an experienced nursing home abuse attorney in Virginia.
To learn about your nursing home facility and whether they have been cited for nursing home abuse in the past, take a look at this web site, memberofthefamily.net.
Here is a link to an article discussing how to choose a quality nursing home and what to look out for when it comes to nursing home abuse.