Our North Carolina Personal Injury Law Firm Written Pledge to Clients
This document is our written pledge to our clients. Ethically, no law firm can guarantee the outcome of a personal injury case. However, our attorneys and professional staff can guarantee that we will treat our clients fairly and ethically, with the utmost respect, and in accord with all the highest standards of the legal profession. Our pledge:
1. Free initial consultation or visit: No potential client shall ever be charged any legal fee for an initial strictly confidential consultation, via email, telephone, or personal visit, regardless of whether you retain us to represent you or not.
2. You act as the boss: We will never settle your case, or act on any offer made without your permission, and before an attorney discusses our view of the value of your case with you. In fact, under our ethical duties as your lawyers, we cannot act on any offer, nor accept any settlement, without your express permission.
3. No attorney fees unless you make a recovery: We realize the hardships caused by an accidental injury, and we guarantee that no attorney fees will ever be collected from a personal injury client unless we recover on your behalf, and, this also means that if there is no recovery, there is no attorney fee recovered either.
4. No “Legalese” Retainer Agreements: We guarantee that our retainer agreement is one typed page, with no legal mumbo jumbo. Some lawyers have five pages of fine print. Not at our law firm.
5. Personal injury is our only business: As our law firm slogan states: “All We Do Is Injury Law”. You are hiring a firm that limits its practice to personal injury cases. Many law firms do not specialize in personal injury. Our resources and staff are solely committed to helping injured people., and to learn more about why clients choose our firm, click here.
6. Open Lines of Communication: If at any time you want to discuss your case status with your attorney, all you need to do is ask. Upon request, an in-person visit or phoneconference will be scheduled for a “status of my case” conference. Our open communication policy assures that we will take the time necessary to ensure that any questions are answered to our best ability. Also, we have staff assigned to each and every case to assist in keeping our clients up to date.