No Financial Recovery For You, No Legal FeeRequest Your Free Consultation
12 Questions Your Doctor Will Ask You After A Concussion
To get the most out of your doctor’s appointment after a concussion, it is important to know what information he or she will ask and to give honest, accurate answers. To help you prepare for your appointment, we’ve listed the most common questions that doctors ask to those who have recently suffered a mild to moderate concussion:
• How did the concussion take place?
• Have you suffered from a concussion before?
• Have you done anything to treat your accident or the symptoms caused by your accident, such as taking medicine?
• Describe what you remember immediately before and immediately after the accident.
• Did you experience any medical issues directly after your concussion, such as loss of consciousness, seizures, or confusion?
• In the time since the accident, have you noticed any new symptoms, such as dizziness, headaches, nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity, motor problems, or cognition problems?
• Will you be playing any contact sports or engaging in any physically dangerous activity in the coming weeks or months?
• Have you felt any significant changes in mood since your accident, such as depression, anxiety, or confusion?
• Have you noticed any significant changes in your sleep patterns or habits since the accident?
• Have you noticed any significant change in your energy levels, activity levels, or fatigue levels?
• Have you seen any improvement in your symptoms?
• Have you missed school or work due to your concussion, and when do you plan on returning?