Injured on the Railroad - What To Do Next

If you are a railroad employee working for a big railroad like Norfolk Southern, CSX, Burlington Northern, etc. and get seriously hurt on the job, you should seek immediate medical attention to determine the extent of your harm. Once you have been seen by a medical professional, you should speak to an experienced railroad injury attorney. This is because you may be able to pursue financial restitution for your injuries under the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA). This is a unique federal law designed specifically for injured railroad workers including trainmen, switchmen, engineers, yardmen, conductors, and so forth. Whether you suffered a strained back, torn rotator cuff, broken bone, or wound up developing cancer due to asbestos exposure, the FELA likely applies.

Get more info here: