Here are the results:
- Truck brake issues/equipment failure.
- Driving too fast for the conditions
- Trucker is not familiar with the area.
- The condition of the road.
- Driver is using over-the-counter drugs.
- Driver is not watching the road/inadequate surveillance.
- Trucker fatigue.
- Trucker pressured by employer.
- Driver broke a traffic law.
- Driver inattention.
- Distracted driving.
- Truck-tire failure.
- Trucker tailgating.
- Truck jackknifes.
- Cargo shifts in truck.
- Driver medical problem.
- Trucker using illegal drugs.
- Trucker under the influence of alcohol.
If you have been involved in a serious commercial truck accident, it is extremely important that you understand the underlying cause of the crash – whether it involves your actions, the actions of the trucker, or the negligence of the trucking company. A Virginia truck accident lawyer may be able to help you understand your case. To request a free, private consultation with a Norfolk personal injury attorney, contact Shapiro & Appleton& Duffan today.