If you or a loved one was badly hurt in an accident in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Hampton, Newport News, or elsewhere in Virginia, the bills may be piling up - from medical bills, student loans, car payment, household expenses – all of which you can’t really afford to pay while you’re unable to work.
We are here to help.
Our team of car accident lawyers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake, Va are ready to go to work for you so we can hold the responsible individual or company accountable for your harms and losses. The Virginia Beach-based practice of Shapiro & Appleton focuses exclusively on representing clients who were seriously hurt in preventable accidents get the financial restitution they are owed.
We have offices in Virginia Beach, VA and Kitty Hawk, NC, along with client conference space in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton, and Suffolk, VA. Since 1985, our personal injury attorneys have worked tirelessly for victims to recover hundreds of millions of dollars in damages from insurance companies, negligent drivers, railroad companies, and product manufacturers.
Putting the Personal in Personal Injury Representation
- Your Satisfaction is What Matters Most — Our primary objective is to achieve an outcome you are happy with in your coase. advocate on your behalf. As the client, you retain the ultimate authority on whether to accept a settlement offer or to go to court. We will be there to offer guidance and counsel every step of the way.
- Responsive to Your Needs — We make sure that you are kept informed of the process on your injury claim and the court process, if a lawsuit is filed. Whenever you need assistance, you can contact our legal team for help.
- Free Legal Information — Our attorneys want you to be well informed about your case and the prevailing law. That is why we provide free downloadable PDF guides and reports to help explain the legal process and advise you of what you need to know about the personal injury claims process.
- Answers to Important Questions - Our team of car accident lawyers in Norfolk can help answer important questions such as:
- Who will pay for my medical expenses stemming from the auto accident, motorcycle wreck, truck crash, etc.?
- How much is my personal injury case worth?
- How much time do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Virginia or North Carolina?
- What can I do if I was the victim of a hit-and-run accident in Virginia Beach, VA or Kitty Hawk, NC?
Nationally-Respected and Recognized Injury Attorneys in Virginia & North Carolina
- Professional Accolades and National Recognition - We are listed as a “Best Law Firm” for injury litigation in U.S. News & World Report (since 2010). Attorneys with our truck accident injury firm are recognized as "Super Lawyers" in Virginia (an honor less than 5 percent of practicing attorneys achieve) and hold the "AV Preeminent" rating from Martindale-Hubbell. Our firm also has an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Maximum results - We obtained (w/ co-counsel) a record-setting $60 million jury verdict for a client who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a train derailment in Fairfax, Virginia. We also obtained an $8.6 million jury verdict for the estate of a railroad worker who lost his life after being exposed to asbestos, diesel exhaust, and radiation during his railroad career with CSX. In addition, we secured a $5.5 million settlement for a child who suffered a brain injury in a collision with a commercial tractor-trailer. This is just a sample of our jury verdicts and settlements. We have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients over the years.
Injury Law Firm in Virginia Beach & Norfolk that Handles All Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Car accidents — Car crashes can be quite serious, especially on congested roadways such as Virginia Beach Boulevard, Hampton Boulevard, Arctic Avenue, and so forth. Whether you were hurt in a rear-end collision or you lost a loved one in a fatal intersection collision, we can help.
- Truck accidents — Virginia highways such as I-95, I-81 and I-64 are prominent hubs to the transport of interstate goods by commercial trucks. This is why tractor-trailer accidents are quite common in Virginia. Commercial truck accidents are some of the most serious types of accidents our law firm handles. It can leave people permanently injured. For example, we represented a young girl who suffered a brain injury after her family's vehicle was hit by a big rig. We obtained a $5.5 million settlement to help cover her life-long treatment.
- Railroad accidents — Federal legislation gives railroad employees a right to sue for railroad accident injuries sustained on the job. If you are hurt as a result of a railroad company’s negligence, you may have a cause of action.
- Boating accidents - Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake are located in close proximity to large bodies of water so boating and watercraft activities are quite common in this area, especially around the Appomattox River, Broadbay, Chesapeake Bay, and so forth. Whether you were involved in a jet ski collision, speed boat accident, or sail boat accident, we can help.
- Wrongful death — If you lost a loved one due to the reckless actions of another person or company, you can, and should, hold the reckless party accountable by filing a lawsuit on behalf of your family member. Our lawyers understand the significant hardships that many families face after the sudden loss of a loved one and we work hard to honor the memory of your loved one. For example, our firm obtain a $2.5 million wrongful death jury verdict for a family who lost a loved one after his lawn mower caught fire in Chesapeake, Va.
Contact Our Firm For Answers To Your Questions About Personal Injury Law in Virginia & North Carolina
We maintain client conference spaces in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Suffolk.
Our Virginia Beach main office address is 1294 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
Our satellite North Carolina office address serving Nags Head, Kitty Hawk, and the Outer Banks is 8 Juniper Trail, Suite 7, Kitty Hawk, NC 27949.