According to national statistics:
- More than 80 percent of fatal bicycle accidents victims are male.
- The average age of bicycle accident victims is 44 years of age. This is quite the spike from three decades ago when the average age was 24 and 20 years ago when the average age was 32 years of age.
- Approximately 70 percent of fatal bicycle accidents occur in urban areas.
- The time of day when the most fatal bike accidents occur (20 percent) is between 6 to 9 p.m.
- Thirty percent of fatal bike accidents are alcohol-related.