First and foremost, we are very sorry for your loss. The pain and grief associated with a sudden death from an accident is awful. Our Virginia Beach & Norfolk wrongful death law firm is here to help. Your primary concern should be picking up the pieces of your life and getting through the grieving process. Let us take some of the burden of legal action off your shoulders. Below is some information we hope will be of some help to you.
Our team of Virginia Beach & Norfolk wrongful death attorneys published an in-depth legal guide to help people who are struggling with the loss of a family member or loved one from a sudden, unexpected accident.
When you order the guide, a PDF copy will be e-mailed to you immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
- My child was killed in a car crash in Virginia. How long do I have to file a lawsuit for a wrongful death claim against the driver who caused the wreck?
- My wife was severely injured in a car wreck caused by a drunk driver, and she died from injury-related complications more than a year after the accident occurred.Can I still bring a wrongful death suit against the drunk driver?
- My husband planned on filing a personal injury lawsuit after he was severely injured by a negligent surgeon in Virginia, but he soon died as a result of his injuries. How will filing a wrongful death suit change the damages that may be recovered?
- My husband died from injuries in a Virginia car accident. What damages may I claim in a wrongful death case?
- Additional FAQs
Case Results Our Virginia Beach Wrongful Death Law Firm Obtained for the Loved Ones of Accident Victims
- Wrongful Death Case of CSX Rail Worker Leads to $8.6 Million Jury Verdict
- $3.5 Million Settlement for I-64 Big Rig Accident
- Car Hit by Tractor Trailer leads to Loss of Life, $2.4 Million Settlement
- Collision Kills Moped Rider, Results in $400,000 Settlement
Information on Wrongful Death Law in Virginia
As the family member or spouse of someone who was killed in an accident that wasn't their fault, you are entitled to monetary compensation for the loss you've suffered. This could include:
- Funeral expenses and burial expenses.
- Medical bills accumulated after the accident but before the death.
- Loss of support and other monetary losses.
- Loss of future income.
- Loss of medical benefits, retirement benefits, and other benefits.
- Loss of companionship and affection as well as other emotional damages.