There are many types of injuries that victims can sustain in amusement park accidents and many of them can be catastrophic, resulting in permanent disability or death. Even less serious injuries can mean long-term recovery. Some of the more common types of injuries include:
- Whiplash caused by jerking motion of the ride or improper restraints. Victims can also suffer other back, head, or neck injuries.
- Brain injury caused from being struck by an object (such as broken ride parts) or by rapid ride speeds.
- Wrongful death as a result of being thrown from a ride, falling, or other failure of equipment.
- Burns, fractured bones, and lacerations caused by equipment malfunction.
- Drowning on water attractions or water slides.
- Slip and fall as a result of poor park maintenance.