Do I have a right to noneconomic damages in a wrongful death case? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

Yes. Noneconomic damages¬†may also be referred to as pain and suffering. However, note that in a wrongful death case, the deceased’s pain and suffering does not factor directly into a settlement, but the family member’s suffering and pain is a major factor.¬†