How do I know what type of attorney I should hire? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

It is critical to the success of your personal injury case to hire an attorney who specializes in injury law. Just like doctors who have specialties (i.e. neurologists, orthopedists, etc.) or trade workers who have specialties (i.e. finish carpenters, electricians, plumbers), there are also attorneys who specialize in one area of the law. For example, there are attorneys who only handle family law cases or criminal cases. This usually means that these attorneys have extensive experience in these types of cases, compared to a general practitioner has just enough experience in several areas of law to get by.

At our firm, we have more than three decades representing personal injury victims. It is the only type of law we practice.