How does a victim file a police report? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

If a person is involved in some type of crash, they should immediately call the police, even if it appears to only be a minor accident. When the officer arrives on at the scene of the crash, answer all of their questions as truthfully as possible. The officer will also interview any other drivers involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses to the incident.

Once the officer files the report, a victim, or their Virginia car accident attorney, can obtain one through the records divisions of the police department.