I was injured in a single vehicle accident where my husband was driving. Do I have a lawsuit? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

Yes.  If you were injured in an accident as a passenger in a vehicle and you were not at fault, you almost certainly can get a recovery from the insurance company of the driver, even if you are related to the driver.  One notable exception to this rule is if you get into a vehicle with someone that you know is intoxicated or otherwise impaired, and that impairment is a cause of the accident.  You should contact a personal injury lawyer even if your loved one was the driver to make sure your case is properly analyzed. It may lead to awkwardness between you and your loved one, but remember that you are not suing your loved one, but rather than insurance policy.