If I am injured by a truck driver who is high on marijuana, can I file a personal injury lawsuit? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

 Yes. If the police officer on the scene determines the truck driver is under the influence of drugs, he can be arrested for driving under the influence. Even if he is not convicted of this charge, you still may be able to collect compensation for your damages and injuries in a personal injury lawsuit. If he is convicted on the charge, this will certainly bolster your legal claim.