What happens if I am no longer in active service, but I'm injured by a federal employee? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

You should be able to file a claim if a federal employee causes your injury. For example, if a physician at the Veteran’s Administration (VA) hospital, commits an error and you are injured, you should be able to bring a lawsuit against the U.S. This type of action is permitted by the government under the Federal Tort Claims Act. Again, various rules and procedures must be followed.

About the editors: The motto at Shapiro & Appleton& Duffan law firm is simple –“All we do is injury law.” We hope you were able to find the answer to your injury query. If not, please review our Virginia Accident Lawyer FAQ Library for additional information. If you’d like to speak to an actual attorney about your potential injury claim for free, please contact our office at (833) 997-1774.