What happens if I injured myself on my friend's property? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

If your friend is owns a home, they probably have some type of homeowners insurance in order to protect themselves in case someone gets injured on the property.

If your friend is a renter, they may have renters insurance, or some type of “umbrella coverage,” for the same protection. “Umbrella coverage” is an extension of an individual’s home or auto insurance. In addition, if your friend is a renter, the land owner probably has insurance coverage for claims arising from injuries on the property.

About the editors: The motto at Shapiro, Washburn & Sharplaw firm is simple –“All we do is injury law.” We hope you were able to find the answer to your injury query. If not, please review our North and South Carolina Accident Attorney FAQ library for additional information. If you’d like to speak to an actual attorney about your potential injury claim for free, please contact our office at (833) 997-1774.