What should a family do if they suspect their loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

It is critical to take immediate action. Notify the nursing home administrator. You should also notify the Adult Protective Services Division of the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS). Depending on the type of abuse, you may also want to notify local law enforcement. A Virginia nursing home abuse attorney can assist your family in reporting the abuse and pursuing action against those responsible.