What should a family do if they suspect their loved one is a victim of nursing home overmedication? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

If a family suspects their loved one is being overmedicated, they should contact a nursing home abuse attorney to find out what legal recourse they have for justice. In addition to civil legal action against the nursing home and staff, the attorney may advise the family to report the overmedication to the appropriate municipal, state, and/or federal agencies. The attorney may also recommend filing a criminal complaint with law enforcement depending on the circumstances of the abuse.