Who brings a personal injury claim if my child was hurt in an accident? | Shapiro, Washburn & Sharp

Typically, a parent or legal guardian of the injured child has the authority to pursue legal action against the at-fault party. For example, if your child was seriously hurt in an auto accident and you decided to file a lawsuit against the other driver, your name would appear on the Complaint as “on behalf” of your child.

Our team of Chesapeake car accident lawyers have extensive experience with injury cases or wrongful death lawsuits involving children. We understand the complexities of negotiating these types of serious injury and death claims.