The toy manufacturer Fisher-Price decided to recall 11 million products including high chairs, tricycles, and toys after receiving multiple reports of child injuries. The injuries range from deep cuts to genital bleeding, according to MSNBC.com. Reports indicate children were suffering cuts while sitting on the Fisher-Price high chairs and the genital bleeding occurred while children fell or sat against a protruding ignition key on the Fisher-Price tricycles.
As a parent, it always frustrates me to hear about these massive toy recalls. Don't these toy companies conduct preliminary research before they produce a toy? Did no one realize an ignition key sticking out from a tricycle may cause an injury to a 3-year-old child? I'm glad Fisher-Price decided to initiate the recall, but that doesn't erase the damage done to so many kids who were hurt by these toy defects.
Here is a full breakdown of the recalled Fisher-Price products:
- Fisher Price Trikes and Tough Trikes toddler tricycles
- Baby Playzone Crawl & Cruise Playground
- Baby Playzone Crawl & Slide Arcade
- Baby Gymtastics Play Wall
- Ocean Wonders Kick & Crawl Aquarium (Model - C3068 and H8094),
- 1-2-3 Tetherball
- Bat & Score Goal
- Healthy Care, Easy Clean and Close to Me High Chairs
- Fisher-Price Little People Wheelies Stand ‘n Play Rampway. Model numbers T4261 and