My colleague, Rick Shapiro posted a good article about car damage, rental cars, and “totaled” car values, because our personal injury law firm only practices injury law and we field weekly phone calls from personal injury victims with questions about how claims adjusters with car insurance companies must compensate for car property damage or cars totaled in car and truck accident cases.

Rick addresses these common questions/FAQ’s about car damage problems:

How much does the insurance company over me if my car is a total loss?

What must the claims adjuster pay for major body/property damage to my car?

How do I figure out full value for my totaled car?

Does the claims adjuster have to provide a rental car while my car is being repaired?

He explains that you must check the NADA value ( to determine, at the month and year that your damage occurred, the retail value of your vehicle with its mileage, options and accessories. A second source to check the retail value of your vehicle, if damaged or totaled, is . 

Read the complete article about rental cars and accidents for all the answers.