What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse or neglect of a loved one in North Carolina?

First, inform the head of the nursing home. If there is a serious medical issue, get a physician consultation immediately. Have the nursing home investigate and report the details to you of their report.

Next, talk to a North Carolina nursing home abuse attorney to determine the steps you need to take to protect your loved one. Your attorney can help you with the proper reporting protocols to ensure that all the relevant agencies in the state have been contacted.