- Call the police and report the crash. Do not leave the scene until police arrive. It is critical the police document the drunk driver’s condition.
- Take a video of the drunk driver. If you are physically unable to do so, ask a bystander. There are multiple ways a drunk driver can fight criminal charges and deny they were drunk. Your video will be a strong piece of evidence in both criminal and civil cases.
- Get the names and contact information of all witnesses.
- Make sure to follow all of your doctor’s treatment orders.
- Cooperate with the police and district attorney.
- Retain the services of a skilled Virginia car accident attorney.
No Financial Recovery For You, No Legal FeeRequest Your Free Consultation