First and foremost, we are very sorry for your loss. The grief associated with a sudden, unexpected death due to an accident is awful. Our firm is here to help. Your primary concern should be picking up the pieces of your life and getting through the grieving process. Let us take some of the burden of legal action off your shoulders. Below is some information we hope will be of some help to you.
Frequently asked questions:
- I think I have a wrongful death claim in North Carolina as my husband died from injuries in a car wreck, but how does a court calculate the loss of comfort, sorrow, mental anguish, and solace?
- What if a loved one dies from the injuries sustained in a serious accident while the case is pending?
- What exactly is a wrongful death claim?
- $2.4 Million Settlement in Tractor-Trailer Wreck
- $400,000 Settlement in Case Involving Death of Moped Operator
In gauging what a wrongful death claim may lead to (in terms of jury verdict or settlement), remember that you are entitled to monetary compensation for:
- Funeral expenses and burial expenses.
- Medical bills accumulated after the accident but before the death.
- Loss of support and other monetary losses.
- Loss of future income.
- Loss of medical benefits, retirement benefits, and other benefits.
- Loss of companionship and affection as well as other emotional damages.