You’re probably here because you or a loved one was seriously injured in an on-the-job railroad accident. We are here to help. This is page was made to help you in your time of need, whether you were hurt while working at the rail yard or you developed a debilitating occupational disease from exposure to asbestos and were diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer.
Leaders in Railroad Injury Law
Firm partner Richard N. Shapiro has twice served as Chair of the Railroad Law Section of the nation’s largest trial lawyers association, specifically the American Association for Justice. In addition, Rick is the co-author of a legal treatise on railroad law titled, Railroad Health and Safety; a Litigators Guide. Both Rick and Randy Appleton are recognized as national authorities on railroad worker injury law possessing in-depth knowledge of the FELA statute. In fact, both Rick and Randy possess more than 50 years of combined legal experience in each railroad injury or railroad disease case. Both attorneys have handled hundreds of railroad injury cases throughout the eastern United States and achieved results for numerous clients.
Frequently Asked Questions Answered by our North Carolina Railroad Accident Attorneys
- Is the railroad responsible for injuries suffered by employees who are in transit to or from their
terminal in a company-supplied vehicle or service?
- I’ve retired from the railroad a long time ago. Can I still file a claim for an asbestos cancer or mesothelioma diagnosis?
- I was a smoker for many years. Is there a connection between smoking and mesothelioma?
- I’ve been diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer. I was never told it was connected to the railroad work I did many years ago. Can I still bring a railroad injury or disease claim?
- More railroad worker injury/disease-related FAQs
Railroad Case Results
Types of Cases Our Railroad Worker Injury Law Firm Has Handled
- Railroad worker injury
- Occupational disorders
- Mesothelioma and asbestos-related diseases
- Railroad wrongful death claims
- Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) claims
- Train derailment accidents
- Train wrecks
- Railroad crossing collisions
- Amtrak passenger injuries
- Railroad toxic radiation and chemicals
Immense Experience in Railroad Worker Injury Law
Richard N. Shapiro served various positions for the American Association for Justice, Railroad Section, the largest national trial lawyer group. In addition, Rick is an Executive Committee Member of the Railroad Trial Lawyers Association (since 2012). Rick also co-authored a leading text on railroad injury law, “Railroad Health & Safety-A Litigator’s Guide,” which is available across the country in law libraries (72 Am. Jur. Trials 1).