- Truck-Train crossing collision-back injuries
- MACK truck-trailer-wreck/leg fractures
- Automobile Accident Causing Coma and Paralysis Awarded: Counsel settled with the motorist's insurer, and then with two additional underinsurance carriers for a total settlement of $600,000 which constituted all available insurance.
- Collision Between Two Big Rigs Creates Fireball Awarded: Case settled at mediation for $450,000.00, from the parked truck's insurance, plus additional monies and concessions from the client's workers' compensation insurer
- Virginia Automobile Accident Awarded: The case was settled for $350,000.00 without the necessity of a trial.
- Automobile wreck with drunk driver causes connective tissue injury Awarded: Settled for $19,000.00 before trial.
- TRACTOR-TRAILER/CAR WRECK WRONGFUL DEATH SETTLEMENT Awarded: $2.4 Million Car/Truck/Tractor Trailer Wrongful Death Settlement
THESE ARE REPRESENTATIVE SETTLEMENTS AND VERDICTS PURSUED AND WON BY Shapiro & Appleton& Duffan, P.C. LAW FIRM. PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT AND THESE VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS, WHILE ACCURATE, DO NOT REPRESENT WHAT WE MAY OBTAIN FOR YOU IN YOUR CASE AS THERE ARE A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT WE WIN ALL OF OUR CASES - WE DON'T. OUR CLIENTS TELL US THAT KNOWING THAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED SIGNIFICANT RESULTS, BOTH BY SETTLEMENT AND BY JURY VERDICT, IS ONE FACTOR THAT MANY OF THEM USED TO DECIDE TO HIRE US. YOU CERTAINLY SHOULD ASK ANY PROSPECTIVE ATTORNEY WHETHER HE OR SHE HAS OBTAINED SIGNIFICANT VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS BUT THE DECISION TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY SHOULD NOT BE MADE ON THIS FACTOR ALONE. WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DISCUSS ANY OF THESE CASES, AND MANY OTHERS, WITH YOU.